Investors in active managers, especially hedge fund investors, are facing some real challenges in today’s environment. Years of underperformance, scrutiny over high fees amidst cheaper alternatives, along with liquidity and transparency concerns have all contributed to this year being the first of many to (likely) see net outflows from the industry. In light of these challenges, is it wise to drop the asset class altogether? Our clients and many other investors we speak to say that now is not the time to abandon hedge funds, but a better approach to investing is the key to staying in the game.
In this collection of research, we focused on some of the aforementioned challenges and used our large data stores and analytics engine to shed light on the evolving concept of manager evaluation. Data is the key and starting point for building a better process, and is an absolutely required element in a world class investment process.
What's in the review?
- How to Improve the Investment Manager Evaluation Process
- How Top Investment Institutions Leverage Transparency to Gain Insight into their Portfolio
- An Analysis of Hedge Fund Overlap & Uniqueness
- A Research Study on Hedge Fund Data & What to Do With It
- How to Uncover Powerful Insights from Monthly Exposure Reports
- How to Compliment Risk Reports with Public Data for More Transparency